Ordering Hot Tub Spa Covers
Tuesday, 4 February 2014 | Jon Pennington
Hot tub covers serve an essential function, the function of saving energy for the community and money for you. The hot tub cover is thus an important part that you should take care to maintain in good condition. It is also a part that can get worn out as it is constantly exposed to moisture and external environment.
Ordering a replacement cover is easiest if you know the make, model and year of your existing hot tub spa cover. However, it often happens that you do not have these details. How can you get the right cover in such a situation?
You can proceed as follows:
- Indicate the shape of the cover either by taking a photograph of the fully spread out cover or by selecting a shape from those provided at the website of your spa parts supplier (if you are going to a brick-and-mortar store, you can look at the covers in stock to see if any of them is the one you want)
- Spas come in all kinds of shapes – square, rectangle, round, octagon, half-moon and other odd shapes. Hence the importance of selecting the shape
- Measure the size of your cover. Standard covers will not exceed 8 feet (or 96 inches) in any direction and will typically be made in two panels, i.e. a single fold. Most covers will fall in this category.
- However, it is possible that you have an oversize cover, or one with multiple folds. Measure the sides using a tape measure and note down the number and pattern of folds
- Also note down any special features such as cut outs designed for accommodating some item or other
Once you have the above details, you should be able to provide your supplier with all the info they need to find the cover that will fit your hot tub. They might ask you for some other small detail or other, which you should be able to get easily if you have taken the trouble to gather the above information.
For all the Hot Tub Covers we offer please go to our online store by clicking here: Custom Hot Tub Covers
If you require help sizing your cover or have a question please go to our contact page